The American Academy of Hospital Medicine
– promoting excellence in hospital care.
An independent, not-for-profit organization designed to continuously improve inpatient care.
By advancing the cause of excellence in hospital medicine academy members will improve patient outcomes and the patient experience. By promoting best practices and the fundamentals of good leadership the academy will champion the efficient delivery of care.
The academy will utilize four key strategies in pursuit of our goals:
- Communication – Improve interdepartmental coordination.
- Dissemination – A clearing house for best practices.
- Recognition – Highlight excellence when we see it.
- Education – Promoting academy values in future providers.